Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Gang is Coming Home - now I've gotta put the sewing machine away!

Katie's spring break was last week. Our Spring breaks never coincide; all three of us have break at a different time. That usually means that Katie ends up spending her spring break in daycare. You guessed it....not the best way to spend spring break.

This year Steve's annual GSA conference (which was meeting in Maine) fell during the week of Katie's break. Steve and I decided that she might enjoy spending time with family in New England and so Katie flew to Boston with Steve, my brother Matt picked the two of them up and dropped Steve at South Station to take the train to his meeting. Katie then went with Matt and spent three days and two nights with Uncle Matt, Aunt Kerri, and cousins Kaelyn and Jack. She then made the rounds between grandparents, cousin Daniel and Aunt Barb and Uncle Steve. She even drove with Beni and Buca (Steve's parents) up to Orland Maine to see Auntie Donna and Uncle Dave.

This was an exciting adventure for her and I am sure that she will have photos on her camera that we'll post on the blog.

I'm on my way to pick them up in Minneapolis, but thought you might be interested in seeing what I have been up to while they were gone. I made this quilt for Steve and my bed. I have 2 other quilts that I worked on that are almost done. I'll post photos when they are completed.

This would have been a perfect day to hang laundry outside - the wind was really blowing!


Here's a close up of the quilting pattern - my friend Mary Nelson quilted it for me on her longarm quilting machine. I love the pattern she used.




It's been a quiet house this week. While I did create some wonderful projects, there is a part of me that is glad to put the sewing machine away for a while so that I can enjoy the noise that my family creates.

3 comments:

Steph said...

It's beautyFULL Sheila!

Dew said...

Sorry to have missed Steve & Katie's visit. I was in Bangor W/Th and Portland Fr. Give us a heads up next time and maybe we can at least share a cold one!

Sheila said...

Thanks, Steph.

Dew, Steve agonized about not contacting folks. He was working most of the week, and the visiting with his sister and brother-in-law in Orland, ME until Friday, and they flew out of Logan on Saturday Morning. He figured he wouldn't have time to visit.
We both hope we can get home to visit soon. It's been far too long!